Here at Soapstone we have a place for every youth in 6th – 12th grade to belong and grow in their faith! The youth of Soapstone are rooted in Christ, growing in their faith, and bearing fruit for God in the world each year.
- Please plan to join us Sunday, December 10, 5:00-6:30 pm for Youth Caroling and December 17, 5:00-6:30 pm for our Ugly Sweater Christmas Party!
- United Methodist Youth Fellowship: every Sunday night from 5:00-6:30 pm we offer a time of fellowship and learning (except in the summer months). “UMYF” includes games, learning, service opportunities, and snack!
- Retreats: Youth can take time out to be with God on our Pilgrimage trip in the fall, and our Beach retreat in the summer. Check our calendar for specific dates!
- Lock-ins: Youth participate in two lock ins per year, there is learning, food, and fun!
- Service projects: We have several opportunities to fund raise and serve the community each year.
- Mission Trips: Every summer our youth go to Hinton Rural Life Center to engage in relationship based construction ministry. In addition, we alternate between domestic and international trips for our second summer mission trip
2017 Pilgrimage Information
Click HERE to register to go with Soapstone UMC youth to Pilgrimage 2017
For 23 years, Pilgrimage has been bringing 5000+ youth (6th-12th grades) and mentors to the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, NC for a life-changing weekend event filled with amazing artists, thought provoking speakers, and inspiring youth leadership–all bearing witness to the transforming love of Christ. Soapstone UMC has a long tradition of going as a church family to Pilgrimage, join us this year!