Here at Soapstone we have a place for every youth in 6th – 12th grade to belong and grow in their faith! The youth of Soapstone are rooted in Christ, growing in their faith, and bearing fruit for God in the world each year.
- Sunday Night Live: every Sunday night from 5-6:30pm we offer a time of fellowship and learning (except in the summer months). “SNL” includes games, learning, service opportunities, and snack!
- Retreats: Youth can take time out to be with God on our Pilgrimage trip in the fall, and our Beach retreat in the summer. Check our calendar for specific dates!
- Lock-ins: Youth participate in two lock ins per year, there is learning, food, and fun!
- Service projects: We have several opportunities to fund raise and serve the community each year.
- Mission Trips: Every summer our youth go to Hinton Rural Life Center to engage in relationship based construction ministry. In addition, we alternate between domestic and international trips for our second summer mission trip
2017 Summer Trip Information
Hurricane Matthew Relief Trip: July 2nd-7th in Bladen County, NC. This trip is open to rising Sophomores and up and has limited space. It will involve cleaning and repairing homes that were affected by Hurricane Matthew for those that cannot do the repairs themselves. The cost is 250 dollars per person and covers all lodging and meals, except for fast food on the way down and on the way back.
Garden City Retreat: July 16-21st in Garden City Beach, SC. This retreat is open to all youth and will be led by Pastor Laura! It is a week long retreat of playing in the ocean and growing deeper in our faith. The cost is 125 dollars per person and covers all lodging and meals, except for fast food on the way down and on the way back.
- Adult volunteers are needed for all trips, so if you’d like to enjoy a mission trip or retreat with the youth, let Abby know!
- Deposits for trips ($50 per trip) are the only thing that will hold your spot.
- Full Payment for each trip is due two Sundays before the trip is set to leave.
- Mark your calendars for these pre-trip meetings:
- Garden City participants meeting: June 25th
- Matthew trip Meeting: TBD