Missions

 

 

 

 

 

 

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. Matthew 25:35-36    

Mission Projects and Trips for youth and adults

  • Local Mission Projects
    • Rise Against Hunger, at Soapstone UMC, Nov. 4, 2017
  • Domestic Mission Trips
    • Hurricane Matthew Relief Trip: After our summer mission team returned from Tarboro and shared the great need that remains there for rebuilding, the Mission Committee decided to send another team this fall. Greg Cain and Gretchen Shea will lead a team October 25 – 28. The cost is $15 per person per day. You can come for one, two, three or all four days. The schedule is flexible. Contact Greg Cain to sign up for this long weekend work team.
  • International Mission Trips

Ministry Partners

  • Baileywick Elementary School
  • Family Promise
  • Stop Hunger Now
  • Zoe Hope Companions
  • Rex Blood Drive
  • Children of Chernobyl
  • North Raleigh Ministries
  • UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief)

Leonard and Priscilla Fairley Missions Endowment Fund

This fund has been established in honor of Bishop Leonard Fairley, previous pastor of Soapstone UMC, and in memory of his wife, Priscilla Fairley. Each year, proceeds from the fund will go to missions which support children’s education and work to eliminate homelessness and hunger. You are invited to contribute to the fund through our online giving or by sending a check to the church office marked for the Fairley Missions Fund. The principle of the fund will always remain invested and 20% of the annual earnings will be reinvested into the fund. The remaining earnings of 80% will be used to support the mission focus previously mentioned.

If you would like more information, please contact Gretchen Shea, Director of Discipleship and Missions.