Welcome! Soapstone’s Children’s ministry is a great place for your child to learn about God and grow in their faith.
Worship at 8:30 am or 11:00 am
- Children are welcome in worship and encouraged to fully participate.
- Worship notebooks are available for ages 3-6 and 7-12 in the back of the sanctuary.
- Following the Children’s Moment, children age 5 and under may go to the nursery if they choose.
Kid’s opportunities at Soapstone
- Sunday School 9:45-10:45am: We offer a Bible based curriculum in age groupings that help us teach in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Kid’s Rock Sunday nights from 5-6:30pm: Sunday evenings ring with song, handbells and chimes! Please visit our Children’s Music page for details.
- VBS: Summertime brings with it an opportunity to include our neighbors and preschool families in Vacation Bible School. Check back in the spring of 2018 to see what we’ll be learning!
- Christmas Services: A Spontaneous Christmas Pageant designed for children and their families takes place on Christmas Eve afternoon.
- Family Lenten and Easter Opportunities: Each year, families participate in a Fat Tuesday pancake supper, process carrying palms on Palm Sunday, and enjoy a special celebration on Easter Sunday.
Information for Parents
We look forward to getting to know your children and sharing the love of Christ with them. So that we may be aware of important details about your child, parents are asked to complete a Family ministries participation form.
Safe Snacks: Our Children’s Ministry is committee to providing peanut/tree nut safe snacks.
Safe Sanctuary: Soapstone is committed to providing a safe and fun place for our children and their families to worship and learn about God. To learn more about how we provide a Safe Sanctuary for you and your children, please check out our Safe Sanctuary Policy on the Forms page (see link at the bottom of this page).
For more information about our Children’s Ministry, please contact Abby Carter Stanton, Director of Family Ministries.