Welcome! Our ministry is shaped to help our children live and love like Jesus as they:
- Know and share God’s love and God’s story
- Become lifelong followers of Jesus and live lives shaped by His hope
- Enjoy inter-generational relationships within our church family
- Invite friends beyond our walls to love Christ with us
- Serve God by serving others
Worship at 8:30 am or 11:00 am
- Children are welcome in worship and encouraged to fully participate.
- Worship notebooks are available for ages 3-6 and 7-12.
- Following the Children’s Moment, children age 5 and under may go to the nursery.
Sunday School 9:45-10:45 am
- We offer a Bible based Sunday School for children 2 years old through 5th grade.
Kids Rock 5:00-6:30 pm
Sunday evenings ring with song, handbells and chimes! Please visit our Children’s Music page for details.
Kids Mission Nights 5:00-6:30 pm
Several Sunday evenings will be dedicated to mission projects. All school age children are invited to participate in Mission Nights.
Rites of Passage
“If you work these words into your life, you are like a smart carpenter who built his house on solid rock.” Matthew 7:24
We recognize the ways in which our children are growing in faith by sharing age appropriate gifts of encouragement during Sunday morning worship throughout the year. The schedule for this church year is below. Click the image below to enlarge it:
Vacation Bible School & Seasonal Opportunities
VBS: Summertime brings with it an opportunity to include our neighbors and preschool families in Vacation Bible School. Check back to see what we will be learning this summer!
Christmas Services: A Spontaneous Christmas Pageant designed for children and their families takes place on Christmas Eve afternoon.
Family Lenten and Easter Opportunities: Each year, families participate in a Fat Tuesday Celebration, process carrying palms on Palm Sunday, and enjoy a special celebration on Easter Sunday.
Information for Parents
We look forward to getting to know your children and sharing the love of Christ with them. So that we may be aware of important details about your child, parents are asked to complete a Children’s Ministry Participation Form for 2016-2017.
Safe Snacks: Our Children’s Ministry is committee to providing peanut/tree nut safe snacks.
Safe Sanctuary: Soapstone is committed to providing a safe and fun place for our children and their families to worship and learn about God. To learn more about how we provide a Safe Sanctuary for you and your children, please check out our Safe Sanctuary Policy on the Forms page (see link at the bottom of this page).
For more information about our Children’s Ministry, please contact Abby Carter Stanton, Director of Family Ministries.